Best practices support three methods of internal procurement:
Stock transfer with delivery
- cross-plant, internal procurement of materials for a single company code.
- standard functions include material requirements planning (MRP), purchase requisitions, stock transport orders, transportation planning, and handling of internal deliveries.
Stock transfer without delivery
- simplifies the process and omits the delivery documents.
- can be executed within one com- pany code (intercompany) or by using several company codes (cross-company)
- standard functions, such as MRP, purchase requisitions, stock transport orders, transportation planning, and the handling of internal deliveries.
Cross-company stock transfer
- allows stock transfers among several company codes.
- describe the stock transfer between two plants with different company codes.
- materials required are located in the stock available at the supplying plant.
- Creation of Purchase order
- Outbound delivery generated
- Materials are picked,
- Goods receipt posted