Supports standard transportation management functionality, including transportation planning, transportation execution monitoring, transportation cost calculation, and settlement so that you can use an overall limit in procurement to control expenses.
- Company issues a transportation-service purchase order that specifies an expense limit
- Customer places an order, and the relative deliveries are generated
- Route is determined, and, based upon the generated deliveries, a shipment document is generated
- For new order placement by the Customer, you can combine both orders into a single delivery
- Shipment execution is monitored by entering the finished time and setting the relative status.
- After the transportation process is finished, a shipment-cost document is generated based upon the shipment document
- The shipment cost is posted to the appropriate general ledger accounts.